Monday, August 8, 2016

Christmas Shaker

As it’s Monday it’s time again to set my friend Linda a Christmas card challenge. This week’s theme is to make a shaker card. I really love making shaker cards but don’t love taking photos of them! It’s hard to avoid catching lots of reflections from the acetate in photos but here goes anyway:)

I started by making a background with alcohol inks and blending solution. A mix of sequins went in between the background and front of the shaker element.

Die - Pierced Rectangle Frames (My Favorite Things) & Bristol Snowflake (Memory Box)
Gems - Snowflake Gems (Hero Arts)


I added a pretty die cut snowflake and a snowflake gem both of which Linda had sent me.


I was going to leave the card front without a sentiment but in the end added a sparkly die cut sentiment.


Die - Pierced Rectangle Frames (My Favorite Things), Fancy Cut Christmas (Hero Arts) & Bristol Snowflake (Memory Box)
Gems - Snowflake Gems (Hero Arts)


I’m afraid I didn’t get to make a card last week for Linda’s challenge or a matching tag to go with today's card but hopefully in the next few days I’ll play catch up on my card and tags. Here you can find the fun challenge Linda has set for this week.

4 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous shaker card, Heather! Just love the look of the alcohol ink background!! Like I said - no hurry on doing my challenges; there's plenty of time before Christmas :)

Dawn T said...

Beautiful shaker Heather..

Karen L K said...

Nice one Heather! You ladies are coming up with some fun themes. I wanted to participate more but I am letting other things get in the way.

CinnamonSally said...

Wow fabulous shaker card Heather.I really must get cracking with my Christmas cards!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails