Sunday, January 17, 2016

Ruffled Flowers

I was sorting out my woodblock stamps and came across a flower I love but haven't used in a while. Since I needed to make a couple of cards I embossed the flowers four times, trimmed them to the sizes I wanted and applied distress inks (dried marigold for the first card and a mix of shabby shutters, salty ocean and tumbled glass for the second one).


Stamps - Ruffled Flower (Hero Arts) & It's Your Day (Hero Arts)
Dies - Bundle of Stitched Shapes (Simon Says Stamp) & Tags and Bookplates (Docrafts)


The background for this card was made by dragging a Hero Arts mint to green ombre ink pad across white card a few times. After cutting the background into panels I used a die from Simon Says Stamp's Bundle of Stitched Shapes to add the stitch lines. The sentiment was embossed in gold on a die cut from Docrafts Tags and Bookplates die set. A little sparkle was added to the flower with diamond stickles and some gems. I'm submitting this card into Simon Says Stamp's Ombre Challenge.


For the next card I used up scraps of silver glitter card I had left over from making Christmas cards. I just cut strips of the card to go behind the flower and used it for the die cut sentiment too.


Stamp - Ruffled Flower (Hero Arts)
Die - Thanks Stamp & Cut (Hero Arts)


A sprinkling of sequins and gems were added for a little sparkle.

7 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love both flower cards, Heather! That flower stamp is a goodie and I love the sparkly details on the orange flower and the silver strips behind your blue flower. Hope you had a great weekend!

CinnamonSally said...

Both your cards are so pretty Heather, I have been tidying my craft space and it has inspired me to use a few of my older stamps too.

Skrater said...

These are beautiful cards. The flowers are stunning!

Dawn T said...

what wonderful cards Heather. Love both colour ways

Caryn said...

This blew me away - it's absolutely stunning. The blue and silver are a perfect combination.
Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous creation with us this week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Laura Norris said...

Both of these are so pretty! I love tha flower and how you got such great dimension with it! Beautiful colors you choose too!

Dotty Jo said...

Just found my way here from the blog of our mutual friend, Sally. I love your cards so have signed-up as your newest follower! It's good to meet you, Jo x

Related Posts with Thumbnails