Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Felt Flower Card and Tag

I had a birthday card and gift tag to make for an upcoming birthday so thought I'd join in on a couple of challenges while I was making them - Hero Arts Tic Tac Toe Challenge and Simon Says Stamp Use Your Favourite Technique and/or Product.

In the Hero Arts Tic Tac Toe Challenge I picked the line with circles, birthday theme and your favourite colour. My favourite colour would be a toss up between blue and green and I love combining both colours with white. For the Simon Says Stamp Challenge I used a favourite technique, stitching, and favourite product is Hero Arts Stamp & Cut sets.


Stamp & Cuts sets (Hero Arts) - Butterfly and Flowers and Happy

I stamped the flowers and leaves on felt and, after the ink had dried, hand stitched the images and cut out. To finish I added buttons and sequins to the flower centres. The die cut sentiment on the card was cut from a scrapped watercolour background that I made ages ago and the "birthday" sentiment was stamped using faded jeans distress ink. To finish I added a sprinkling of sequins.

After die cutting the gift tag, I stamped the sentiment with faded jeans distress ink, added a flower and some sequins.


Butterfly and Flowers Stamp & Cuts set (Hero Arts), Birthday Messages (Hero Arts) and Pierced Circles Dies (Spellbinders)

6 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Absolutely SUPERB!! Your talent really shine through in this circle card, Heather! Love this to bits! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Favorite Products/Techniques” Challenge!

Nancy said...

Saw these on the HA Flickr group and had to stop by! Simply beautiful, Heather! Love the sweet stitched flowers and soft colors!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your stitched flowers, Heather - so perfect on the card and the tag! Someone will love these beauties on her birthday!!

donna mikasa said...

So happy to see that you joined the Tic Tac Toe Challenge! LOVE your felt flowers--the stitching is awesome!

Lin said...

Love the stitching, Heather! I think I see a winner here!

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous flowers Heather and I love how you have used them on your card and tag!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails