Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Cow Wrangler

I wanted to join in on a couple of Simon Says Stamp Challenges - the Make it Masculine Challenge and Flickr Challenge #20 with this cute and summery inspiration photo:

Summertime Inspiration!

The greens in the inspiration photo made me think of the cows here out on the lush green pastures during the summer and the smiley sun in the photo inspired the cartoon cow and circular window. For masculine cards I usually try to keep things fairly plain and simple but like to throw in some humour and texture at the same time.

Cow Wrangler

Stamp - Birthday Farm Animals (Simon Says Stamp)
Dies - Bundle of Stitched Shapes (Simon Says Stamp), Grassy Border (Lawn Fawn) & Circles Nestabilities (Spellbinders)


I die cut the card face using the rectangle die from Simon Says Stamp's Bundle of Stitched Shapes and then die cut the circular window. The die cut grass was layered behind the window and I used a piece from an old pair of jeans for the background. After stamping and colouring the cow I paper pieced the sentiment in orange because it's so often used for stitching and tabs on jeans. Once the cow was complete I nestled him in the grass and adhered the card front to a kraft card base.

4 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

This cow again yaayy too cuuteee
love the Blue Jeans background you have here
adorable CAS card you made Heather
how are you my friend..
wish one day you like to visit me again :)
hugs and kisses
Monika

Cris G. said...

Simply fabulous, Heather!

Cindy C. said...

OH what a cute card Heather, love the denim background!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

The denim window looks amazing with your sweet cow, Heather! Such a fun masculine card!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails