Monday, January 19, 2015

Dotty Gift Bag

I'm joining in again on the Spots n Dots Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp's Flickr Group.


I wanted to make a little gift bag so had a rummage through my patterned papers and came across a Recollections set called Today Tomorrow Forever which has a lovely mix papers including dotty and wood papers that I wanted to use for this project. Recently I bought Lawn Fawn's Goodie Bag die and used that to die cut the little bag. It's such a quick and easy way of whipping up a bag in no time - love it so much! Then I cut a panel of wood patterned paper, and from it, die cut the goodie bag handle and used the banner from Simon Says Stamp's Bundle of Stitched Shapes to finish the shape.


Stamp - Birthday Farm Animals (Simon Says Stamp) Die - Bundle of Stitched Shapes (Simon Says Stamp)

After adhereing the banner to the bag I stuck a little branch on the banner and tied the bag with raffia. I stamped the chicken from the Birthday Farm Animals set, coloured it with Promarkers and did a bit of paper piecing.

As the paper I used for the bag has glitter on some of the dots I thought I'd add a bit of sparkle to the chicken using clear Wink of Stella. I tried to capture some of the sparkle on the chicken's head in the photo below.


After having very mild weather over Christmas, it looks like we're having our cold snap now. It was -3C this morning when I went out and we're due some snow tonight - brrrr!

7 comments:

Barb said...

Love this, Heather! Your creativity is awesome! Those colorful dots on the bag look so festive and love the paper pieced, dotty paper you added to the chicken! So glad you played in the Simon Says Stamp Flickr challenge! ♥

Sue McRae said...

Such a fun bag with the dotty chicken!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Adorable gift bag, Heather! Spotted it in the Lawn Fawn group first - I just joined! Anyway, love your dotted back with the darling chicken! The Wink of Stella adds the perfect touch!

Dawn T said...

How cute Heather. Love your little chickee.

Virginia L. said...

Absolutely DARLING, Heather! I love the use of image and pattern paper. All that glitter is lovely, too!

Monika Reeck said...

that paper you have is adorable and the chicken with that dots on his face so cute hihi looks like he is a new GEN of chicken hihi sweet bag you made..how are you..I miss your visit Heather..big hugs, Monika

Monika Reeck said...

that chicken that dots on those color oh so sweeet and adorable ...cute happy bday card in black card stock...love always your idea and you are always give me inspiration....hugs, Monika

Related Posts with Thumbnails