Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Trick or Treat Shaker

I finally had a little time to stamp earlier today and I thought it would be fun to join in on Lawnscaping's Critters Galore Challenge.


For my critter I decided to use the bat from Lawn Fawn's cute Trick or Treat set and made a Halloween shaker card. Sorry my photo isn't great - I always find it hard to avoid getting reflections on the acetate layer on shaker cards!

I embossed the sentiment on a piece of green card and die cut the label shape. To make the shaker I added some lovely green sequins my friend Trinh (thanks again, Trinh) sent me and an embossed Waltzingmouse Stamps image (Very Vintage labels No. 10) which I cut out and used as my frame. The Lawn Fawn bat was cut out and coloured with ProMarkers and I couldn't resist adding a couple of googly eyes before perching him on top of the shaker. To finish I just added a strip of lace to the side of the card.

Trick or Treat Shaker

Stamps - Trick or Treat (Lawn Fawn) & Very Vintage labels No. 10 (Waltzingmouse Stamps)

The last time I made a shaker I had a problem with the little bits inside the shaker sticking to the sides of the foam pads but I saw a tip somewhere which suggested rubbing talc or flour on the sticky parts before assembling the shaker. It really seems to have worked well but I'd love to hear if any of you have any other suggestions as it took a while to get rid of all the traces of flour!

9 comments:

Sue McRae said...

What an elegant shaker card Heather! I like the touch of whimsy with the googly-eyed bat!

Jill Norwood said...

What a wonderful card! Love the elegant look played off against the googly eyed bat! Great contrast! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shaker card and I love your little bat! (and his googly eyes!)

Dawn T said...

great card Heather.

Grá O'Neill said...

Beautiful card, love the cute bat and green & black colour scheme :)

Barb said...

Awesome shaker card, Heather! I love the green and black - what a striking combo and that lace along the edge looks so cool!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

What a cool shaker card - and your bat is so super CUTE! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping! Hugs, Karin

Olesya Andreyeva said...

Such a cool card! Awesome!

Monika Reeck said...

cuutee bat with that google eyes and great lace there looks vintage and elegant...I love the add of the green here..how are you my friend..long time not see you on my Blog..hope you are doing well..hugs, Monika

Related Posts with Thumbnails