Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Happy Happy Birthday Owls

Do you ever make a card were you like the original idea but aren't too sure about the end result? Well this is one of those cards for me!

We're (well hubby is!) putting up some new blinds and we have lots of corrugated cardboard left over to go into our recycling bin, so I decided to grab a little bit to go onto a card, thinking that the card could double as a portion of a tree trunk.

Happy Happy Birthday
Stamps (Hero Arts) - Lil Hoot & Fantastic Birthday

I started by die cutting the windows in the corrugated card which of course flattened it completely. As I wanted lots of texture, I poked a paint brush into each of the flattened pieces to pop them back up again. I put the corrugated card on foam pads and embossed the "happy happy" sentiment on a backing card. Then I stamped and cut out lots of little owls from the Lil Hoot set, coloured them in with ProMarkers and put them peeking out of the windows. The birthday sentiment was stamped using a mix of distress inks.

I'm submitting this card into the Birthday Challenge at Hero Arts (kids or rainbow section) as well as the Simon Says Stamp Get Krafty Challenge.

9 comments:

Julie M said...

Oh I love this, Heather - those cute owls are hilarious, peeking out all over the place, and the corrugated card looks totally like a tree trunk. Love the bright colours against the kraft too.

Julie :o)

Grá O'Neill said...

Beautiful card, love the peeking parliament and great re-use :)

Barbara said...

Love this. It is so cute. I think you should love it, too! :)

Emily Leiphart said...

So cute, Heather! I love the corrugated cardboard 'tree' with colourful owls saying hi. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Get Krafty!

Dawn T said...

A very cute card Heather.

CinnamonSally said...

Very cute Heather and a great use of the cardboard!

Cindy C. said...

So very cute!!!!!!!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So darling, Heather! Just love your colorful owls peeking out of the "tree"! Great recycling!!

Karen L K said...

That is a really cute card! I love all the little owls peeking out. I know what you mean on the vision sometimes doesn't translate.

Related Posts with Thumbnails