Saturday, February 22, 2014

Birthday Rocket

I love making cards for kids and for this one pulled out one of the images from the BAM! set that I often use for cards for boys big and small.

Birthday Rocket

Stamps (Hero Arts) - BAM!, Tiny Star Background & It's Your Day

For the background I applied spiced marmalade distress ink to white card and spritzed it with water. After cutting out the shape I wanted, I stamped the sentiment. For the blue panels I applied faded jeans distress ink to white card and using the same ink stamped the star background. The green strips were originally white card which I coloured with a green ProMarker and pierced.

The rocket was coloured with ProMarkers and a silver gel pen was used on the rivets. To finish I added a generous coat of glossy accents to the rocket and added star dust stickles to the flames.

IMGP2554

I'm submitting this card into Hero Arts' birthday challenge (kids cards category).

Well I had fun making this card but I suppose I better go catch up on my ironing now! Hope you have a great and inky weekend:)

6 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Cute card for a little boy Heather!

Barb said...

Such a fun card, Heather! I love the happy colors! Darling image too!

Lin said...

Oh what a great kids' card, Heather! You really took it to the next level - love how 3D you made your rocket, and also love the stars in the background! So fun!

Dawn T said...

Super cute Heather. The glossy rocket is awesome

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling kid card, Heather! Love the diagonal panels and the glossy glittery rocket!!

Trinh said...

This is adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails