Sunday, September 15, 2013

Happy Mail and Trio of Christmas Cards

When I came home from work one evening this week, I was so excited to find a package waiting for me from my good friend Linda. Included in the package was this wonderful card Linda had made, it's so pretty and soft looking – I love it. Linda always seems to know exactly what I love and this time was no exception – look at this brilliant array of goodies. Thanks again for everything, Linda:)

Happy mail

Well talk about spoiled for choice and not knowing where to start! I’ve been having great fun playing with the Brush Strokes set but the first items I completed were three Christmas cards using Shari Carroll’s fab Christmas Trees from Hero Arts. I wanted to make three cards that are quite different to each other and also wanted to reflect something from the images on the rest of my card. As I was inspired by the Hero Arts blog I’m submitting these cards into the current Hero Arts Challenge.

The first card was inspired by the design and traditional colour scheme in this gorgeous card by Jennifer McGuire. As the Christmas tree made me think of an appliquéd pattern, I added lots of faux stitching after colouring the tree. Because of the design of the tree I tilted the background stamping.

IMGP1622

Stamps (Hero Arts) – Shari’s Tree No 3, Very Merry Christmas & Precious Baby Boy

For the second card I went with non traditional colours and lots of embellishing. I was inspired by the repeating of the circular shapes, rounded corners and added bling in this wonderful card by Kelly Rasmussen.

IMGP1614

Stamps (Hero Arts) – Shari’s Tree No. 2 & Very Merry Christmas


The third card was inspired by the thin branches on the Christmas tree and the colours and lines in Tami Hartley’s fab tag here. After colouring a rainbow Christmas tree, I wove thin strips of card into a colourful background to tie in with the tree and “Joy” sentiment.

IMGP1616

Stamps (Hero Arts) – Shari’s Tree No. 1 & Very Merry Christmas

I’m planning on making a card organiser today – thanks for the great idea, Linda! So hopefully as the weeks go by I’ll be adding more and more Christmas cards to it and won’t be dashing around at the last minute, as I usually do, making cards!


12 comments:

Dawn T said...

what a haul of goodies from Linda... she really did spoil you. Love the tree cards. They really are delightful

CinnamonSally said...

Wow you are going to have fun with all those goodies Heather. Love your trio of cards, I am planning to make something today after some really busy weeks!!!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

These are all lovely Heather!

Lin said...

Love them all, Heather! Your attention to all the little details makes them real standouts, and I think I see a winner here! My fave is the first one because of the stitching you added, so charming!!

Maureen Morton said...

Spectacular, Heather! Each so different and so wonderful. I sure couldn't pick a favorite. Love all the colors and the little details - amazing use of those stamps!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Looking forward seeing your new creations with all those goodies! Love your Christmas cards - so pretty!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Three superb cards, Heather - I love each and every one (but of course, the purple is my fave!)!! So glad the goodies arrived in time for you to make use of them for the current HA challenge. At least they didn't go to Iceland or wherever that last package went - LOL.

Virginia L. said...

So sweet and generous of Linda! You have use them so beautifully! Love the three cards that you created, Heather! Beautifully inspired!

Trinh said...

Linda did spoil you with all those goodies! And you have made fantastic use of them. All are wonderful but my fave is the last. The bright colors and woven background are so fun.

Sue McRae said...

Love your colourful and festive cards Heather, especially the fabulous paper weaving.

Barb said...

Linda is one special lady! So generous of her! What a treat to receive all those new goodies! And your tree cards are amazing, Heather! Love all three of them - beautiful work!

Ann R. said...

Oh, I am SO excited!! I have all three of these stamps. Thanks for the beautiful ideas.

Related Posts with Thumbnails