Monday, June 24, 2013

Moxie Fabber and Thanks

Moxie Fab World is one of my favourite places to visit and I can't tell you how surprised and delighted I was when I received a lovely email from Cath inviting me to be a Moxie Fabber of the Week! I would definitely never think of myself as being moxie fab so it was amazing to have been paid that compliment - thanks a million, Cath! If you'd like to see the post, you can find it here.

I have a few thank you cards to make and want to make a variety of cards using the gorgeous Hero Arts butterfly die. Today I only had a chance to make one card, but I suppose it's a start anyway!

IMGP1255

Stamp (Hero Arts) - Celebrate Everyday
Die (Hero Arts) - Butterfly


For the background I sanded an embossed panel my friend Linda had sent (thanks again, Linda:)) and added some stitching around the edges. The sentiment is a Happy Thanksgiving one, but I love the font, so often partially ink it to use on thank you cards.

IMGP1250

I was trying to mimic the light, papery look of a butterfly's wings so backed the die cut butterfly with a wrinkle ribbon from May Arts. A little baker's twine bow and heart gem completed the butterfly.

Thanks so much for visiting:)

19 comments:

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love the card! You are definitely Moxie Fab! Congrats!

Rosemary said...

congrats on being moxie fabber of the week, heather! your card is just gorgeous!

Petti said...

I love this card too!

Brenda said...

A total stunner Heather! Love that butterfly!

Contagiously Crafty said...

What a beautiful card, Heather. Green is my favorite color, so this one is very appealing to me. Congrats on being honored with the Moxie Fabber of the Week! It was so nice to get to know you better. I really enjoyed reading about you and your craft. Your cards are lovely.

Rachel said...

congrats! you totally deserve it!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

Teresa Kline said...

congrats on the Moxi Fab...wow...your cards are amazing!

enjoy *~*

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just loved your interview on MFW, Heather! And what a great photo of you too! So fun to read stuff I know and other stuff I didn't know about you. Just love what you did with the embossed panel - you'll laugh - I though that was a stamped pattern as there's a Stamp your Story image that's very similar!! Love the fabric behind the white butterfly - sorry I enabled you to buy that die - LOL!! Congrats again on the well deserved feature by Cath!!!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Congrats Heather! I was so glad to be introduced to you by Cath. Your cards are all stunning! this card is amazing - what a fantastic idea to back the butterfly with ribbon!

Judy1223 said...

Heather, congratulations on being Moxie Fabber of the Week! I am so happy for you! Your card is beautiful and, as always, full of interest!

Helen F. said...

GORGEOUS card, Heather!
I always enjoy your beautiful cards and certainly enjoyed learning a bit more about you in your MFW interview...Congratulations!

Kara Lynne said...

This is so beautiful! Congrats on being a Moxie Fabber!

~amy~ said...

Congrats!!!!

Sue McRae said...

Gorgeous card Heather and big congrats on your Moxie Fab feature, it is well deserved.

Barb said...

I was heading over to read your interview earlier today and got sidetracked but finally stopped by and loved it! Your interview and cards were awesome! I'm so happy for you, Heather! I know everyone says this, but it is so TRUE - this honor is so well deserved! Big congrats to you!! :)

Love your amazing card here too - the color and texture are beautiful!

Dawn T said...

Congrats on being Moxie Fab Heather... well deserved! What a delightful butterfly card. So pretty. love the ribbon behind the die cut. Awesome idea.

Trinh said...

Congrats, Ms. Moxie Fab! Loved your interview and seeing your gorgeous cards! I love how you backed the butterfly's wings with the ribbon. You are SO creative! And I am blessed to call you friend!

Deirdre said...

Doing the happy dance for you Heather - huge congrats. Left a comment on the Moxie post too. Hugs to you, D

Lin said...

You kept your Moxie Fab secret well, Heather - what a joy to see you being featured as I was catching up this morning! Such a well deserved honor, my friend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails