Thursday, June 13, 2013

Rainbow Quilt

Cath's Mixy-Matchy Style Challenge in the Moxie Fab World looked like a fun but also challenging challenge. I usually don't have much of a mix of patterns on my cards, but with six different patterns on this card really gave it a whirl this time!

Rainbow Quilt

Stamps - Happy Hexagons (Papertrey Ink) & It's Your Day (Hero Arts)

I love the pretty Happy Hexagons set my good friend Trinh sent me recently - thanks again, Trinh:) So I decided to make a "quilt" with a mix of patterned hexagons in a rainbow of colours. I used distress inks (barn door, spiced marmalade, mustard seed, mowed lawn, tumbled glass and dusty concord) to stamp the hexagons, cut them out and adhered the hexagons to black card. I'm hoping the black base helps to tone down the mad mix of colours and patterns! As I had some hexagons left over, I added an edging to try to mimic prairie points sometimes found on quilts.

The rainbow colours are probably very appropriate at the moment. As you can see when I was taking the photo this morning the sun was streaming in the window. Now after a number of showers, one of which included hailstones, there are big dark clouds overhead again. With the mix of sunshine and showers over the past few days, I've already spotted a few rainbows this week. Oh the joys of an Irish summer:)

12 comments:

Sue McRae said...

Very colourful card Heather and your pattern choices are so fun!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Wow! This is fabulous!

Dawn T said...

beautiful Heather. Such a pretty colour scheme with the black background.

donna mikasa said...

Such a gorgeous quilt pattern! Love this, Heather!

Deb Walker Deb Stamps Life, LLC said...

This is too fun Heather! Great contrast and bold color.

Unknown said...

Great card! Bold, bright and beautiful!

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Gorgeous card Heather! Love the hexagons on black!!

Deirdre said...

Oh wow - love it Heather - so fun.

Carol McCready said...

Great card. Love those bright colors.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great combo of colors and patterns, Heather! Love this!!

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, and congrats on being a moxie fab spotlight!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Heather! Thanks for linking this up to the Mixy-Matchy Style Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails