Saturday, June 1, 2013

Let Your Dreams Take Flight

The Gift Challenge in the Moxie Fab World sounded like fun so I was delighted to get a chance to play along with it today.

IMGP1072

I bought some 5x7 canvases recently and covered one with mixed watercolour paints (prussian blue and white) in varying intensities. On my first attempt I tried some stamping but it really looked awful, so on went another layer of paint to cover up the mess! Once this had dried I splattered some white, violet and prussian blue paint on the canvas as well as myself!

IMGP1062

This time to try to speed up the drying process, I left the canvas out in the sun. After about 20 minutes I realised it was starting to rain and ran out to retrieve it. I obviously wasn't quick enough as there were some splodges on the canvas but I liked the effect the raindrops had left so decided not to go with attempt number three on the canvas! The letters for the sentiment were die cut using my Cameo.

IMGP1068

The fabulous butterflies by Pink Paislee are thanks to my good friends Linda and Trinh. Both Trinh and Linda sent me sets of these beauties recently - I was thrilled to receive two set of these stunners! I added some frosted lace stickles to the bodies for some extra sparkle. To finish I sprinkled gems around the canvas. I'm also submitting this into the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge.

Hope you are having a great weekend! It's a bank holiday weekend here so we're looking forward to an extra long weekend.

12 comments:

Trinh said...

Ooh, this is beautiful, Heather! I love the splotches and different layers of color.

Sue McRae said...

Wow, this is just gorgeous Heather. Love the depth of colour on the canvas along with the splatters and raindrops! It's such a perfect background for the white butterflies to pop against. Good luck in the challenge, I think this is a winner!

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

This is so beautiful!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Oh Heather.
I will have to leave my canvas out in the rain as this is just stunning, and your butterflies are gorgeous. Isn't it fun to get all painted up!!!!!
Smiles:)
Sue

Stamping With Bibiana said...

so beautiful
bibiana

Barb said...

Holy, moly!! What an amazing work of art, Heather! I was going to head up to bed and decided to check a few blogs first - so glad I did! Your paint splatters are gorgeous and love the effect of the rain drops - so cool! Those butterflies are just beautiful too!

Brenda said...

This is absolutely beautiful Heather! Gorgeous deep blue colour!

Cindy C. said...

Wow this is fabulous, and I love the layered butterflies!!

Dawn T said...

gorgeous canvas Heather. The dark blues look stunning and the butterflies just beautiful

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Heather! Thanks for linking this up to the Gift Packaging Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

cheiron said...

This came out amazing. I love the blues! Thanks for playing along with us in the the Anything Goes Challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow - I really am behind in my commenting - sorry, Heather! What a beautiful canvas - just love the rich colors! And how funny Trinh and I sent the same butterflies - great minds think alike, right?! Glad you're enjoying them!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails