Monday, February 4, 2013

Itty Bitty Hi

Cath over at Moxie Fab World has lots for fun challenges for the 75 Creative Card Challenges Week. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to play along until today, which also happens to be the last day for submitting entries! So when I had some spare time this morning I decided I'd join in on the Make an Itty Bitty Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. Lol little did I realise that making a tiny card would take nearly as long as making a normal sized card. Of course having butter fingers this morning and dropping all of the fiddly bits didn't exactly help!

Itty Bitty Card

Card size 1 1/2 inches x 2 inches

Stamps (Hero Arts) - Looped Circle Pattern & Ghostly Greetings

As you can probably tell from the photo it's a lovely sunny day here today and after all the rain we've had recently everywhere is looking very green. So as I'm thinking of Spring I decided to make a green background by applying mowed lawn distress ink to white card and spritzed it with water. When the panel was dry I embossed the sentiment and added some machine stitching.

To make the flower I embossed the Looped Circle Pattern on vellum and cut out three of the flowers to layer.


I just added a raffia string stem and bow and a little pearl to finish.


I won't get a chance to play along in the other challenges Cath has set but will definitely give them all a go in the future.

10 comments:

Lin said...

So sweet, Heather, and using a background stamp was a great idea! The vellum adds such a nice effect.

CinnamonSally said...

Such a cute card Heather, and so fiddly too, you must have lots of patience!

Maureen Morton said...

This is soooo dear, Heather! I can just see the rolling green hills of your home reflected in this sweet card. You are so patient with the little details - it is worth it. Love!

Barb said...

that is the prettiest little card ever! Just love it, Heather!

Sue McRae said...

What a clever way to use the Looped Flower stamp Heather! Love this wee card!

Carol McCready said...

Gorgeous little card.
Good luck.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

What a cute little card - love that vellum flower!

Dawn T said...

super cute Heather. Just saw some of your work over at Aussie scraps. Gorgeous

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Heather! Thanks for linking this up to the Make an Itty Bitty Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Unknown said...

Just adorable. Love little cards.

Related Posts with Thumbnails