Monday, June 4, 2012

Celebrate with Style and Crafting Ireland

When I saw all the fun challenges for Card Creations Week over at the Moxie Fab World, I thought I'd try to make a card for each of the five categories, but with the deadline looming tonight, it looks like I'm only going to manage to squeeze a card into three of the challenges!

Celebrate with Style

Stamps (Hero Arts) - Sew Artsy, Classic Fabric Background and Birthday Messages

So for this card I went with the Damask and Brocade Challenge. I white embossed the background with the Classic Fabric Background. Then I had some fun making a dress for the dress form using some ribbon, beads and gems. I just added some more ribbon and a big gem to finish.

Recently Nicole Mullen of Crafting Ireland asked if I'd do an interview and pick some of my favourite cards for a feature in the free online magazine. Yikes it was hard to pick favourites and when I was looking back through my cards, I wondered what on earth I was thinking when I made some of them. Yes, the good, the bad and the ugly are all there in my Flickr photostreams and blog! Anyway if you'd like to see some of my favourites, you'll find them in Crafting Ireland Issue 10.



The magazine is brilliant as it's packed full of great tutorials, articles and tips. Also I've realised through reading it how many crafty shops I didn't know existed here - looks like I'll have to plan some more shopping trips!

12 comments:

Cindy C. said...

How stylish!!

CinnamonSally said...

Love this elegant card Heather and congrats on your feature in the magazine, off to look at the link!!

Barb said...

Heather, if I had to look through your photostream and pick out just a FEW favorite cards, I'd never be able to do it - they are all so fabulous! This one today is just beautiful! Love the ribbon around the dress form and the colors are so yummy! Congrats on being featured! :)

sideoats + scribbles said...

Hi Heather! I love your card, so pretty!

Big congrats on the feature! I'm with Barb, there's no way I could pick just a few of your cards as faves! Off to look at the mag! :)

Brenda said...

Congrats on your feature Heather! And I love that dress on your card!

Kara Lynne said...

Your card is bold and elegant at the same time, beautiful!

Dawn T said...

what a totally elegant card Heather. I'm off to read the on-line mag and see what you chose for your favourites.

walchowDesign said...

Congrats on your feature, Heather! Love that stylish and elegant dress!

Sue McRae said...

Congratulations on your Spotlight Heather, it was fun to read the interview and your card is absolutely beautiful and elegant!

Maureen Morton said...

Another stunner, Heather! Love this stylish take.....your designs are so unique and lovely. Tickled about your spotlight, too - you are such an inspiration.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love your elegant dress form, Heather! And big congrats on the magazine feature, my friend - awesome!! What fun it must've been to pick some of your faves - I see some of my faves of your work in there too. Happy crafting!!

Deirdre said...

Congrats on the feature Heather - great insight/interview.

Related Posts with Thumbnails